Lake Beloye (Vologda Oblast)
The basin of the lake includes parts of Belozersky, Vashkinsky, Babayevsky, and Vytegorsky Districts of Vologda Oblast, as well as minor areas in Kargopolsky District of Arkhangelsk Oblast. Most of the basin lies north of the lake, in the Andoma Hills, and includes smaller lakes, many of them being of glacial origin. These lakes include Lake Kovzhskoye, Lake Kemskoye, Lake Kushtozero, Lake Sholskoye, Lake Druzhinnoye, and, south of Lake Beloye, Lake Lozskoye.
The lake and the Belozersky Canal around it are a part of the Volga–Baltic Waterway. The Belozersky Canal was constructed to connect the Sheksna and the Kovzha Rivers in order to bypass Lake Beloye, where sometimes strong wind occur. The canal follows the sothern and the western coasts of the lake.
According to the Primary Chronicle, Sineus, a brother of Rurik, became the prince of Beloozero in 862. If this would be correct, Belozersk would be one of the oldest towns in Russia. However, most likely Sineus never existed, and the earliest archaeological data in or around Belozersk belong to the 10th century. In the 10th-13th centuries the area was controlled by the Novgorod Republic, then in the 13th century it was part of the Principality of Beloozero, and in the 14th century it entered the Grand Duchy of Moscow. The Mariinsk Canal system was constructed in the early 19th century, and after the reconstruction in the 20th century it became the Volga–Baltic Waterway.
The lake is known for its fish stocks, the most famous delicacy Belozersky whitebait. Forage productivity and oxygen conditions are favorable for the life of many fish. The inhabitants of the lake: Perch, pike, bream, ruff, zope, saber fish, ruff, roach, perch, bleak, burbot, chub, rudd, whitefish, ide, bream, tench, chub, bream, dace, gudgeon.).
The most valuable fish in the lake is the White perch. White Lake walleye all year almost never leaves the reservoir. Its major concentrations are found in the north-eastern part of the lake.
What to watch
But Belozersky Kremlin really impressive. It has no walls - instead encircle the Kremlin truly grandiose shaft and the moat. Shaft height is 15 meters, and the vertical drop to the bottom of the ditch more than 20 meters. The slopes are very steep shaft, and not in every place possible for them to climb, and the top is completely flat. Time to create Belozersky shafts - the end of the XV century, and the shaft - one of the most powerful and impressive in Russia. Shaft forms an almost regular ring, break in two places. Input to which you leave, moving from the bus station, is a three-span bridge over the moat. The bridge was built in the XVIII century, and in our time it appeared two small wooden turret. Next - rook and stone, which are officially called the memorial anniversary of the city in 1112. Rook is fairly plausible, but the date (not 1100, not 1111, at least) is surprising.
However, to enter through the gates of the Kremlin is not interesting, and far more experience you get if you go up on the shaft and it will cost at least half of the crest of the Kremlin. Panorama it offers as a bell, and very close to the horizon can be seen drifting White Lake with ships in the distance. The lake water is really quite white. With the shaft visible all churches in the City, and you can adjust further route.
Inside the Kremlin scattered residential houses, small factory, administrative buildings, museum - all the modern and the ancient city preserved Saviour Cathedral (1668-1670). The composition is a typical temple late XVII century, but at the same time, the shape of the cathedral is quite successful. Surprising huge and richly decorated with a cross on the central dome - in height, it is comparable with the dome. Inside, the cathedral is decorated with lots of wooden sculptures and figures - it reminds her decorations church, if cut off from the church half, and explain how this purely European architecture could appear in a remote Belozersk nobody seems not yet tried (and dissemination of European Baroque in Great Ustyug).
And closer to the main entrance to the Kremlin is another very interesting sight Belozersk - military history club "Sineus Warriors" (in the house, painted in red, a sign on the door "Sineus Warriors"). Similar clubs in Russia (and the world), there are many, and only in ancient history specializing 8 of them. But "Warriors Sineus" more than once were considered the best of the historic clubs in Russia. In the club recreated (very convincing!) Interior princely Gridnev Norman times, but all the weapons, armor, shields, clothing here were made by the participants of the club. Unlike museums, any thing you can touch and even to put on - the shirt of thick leather, a heavy chain mail on his body, a helmet on his head, an ax and a shield in his hand will leave a lot more experience than any museum exhibition. In the house you will meet yourself "Sineus Warriors" and talk about everything that there is, and absolutely free. However, donations to the club are always welcome. As this place is one of the visiting German: "never seen anything like it, because it is - the living." During major holidays "Sineus Warriors' lead performances in front of the Kremlin.
City Church. All city churches are clearly visible from the ramparts. To the west of the Kremlin is a wooden Elias Church (at the corner of Liberty Street with Shukshin) 1668-1670 period, according to the forms of low-level (typical tiered temple composition). On Karl Marx Street is five-domed Church of the Assumption (1552, built by the architects of Rostov) with the clock set into the wall of the temple, and a lot of Pskov bell mounted on the porch, and next to it - the baroque Church of the Epiphany (the middle of XVIII century). Near the town pier is decorated with two rows of decorative corbel arches Merciful Saviour Church (1716-1723), the bell tower which you can climb in the summer.
Civilian buildings. Preserved urban development around Belozersky channel (runs parallel to the shore of the lake) - forges, barracks, house of the channel, and throughout the city, numerous merchant manors XIX century house Lindkugelya (Soviet avenue, 48), home Seragem (Soviet avenue, 72) , a house with two services (Communist, 62). Also survived by Soviet Avenue Noble Assembly and Seating yard.
White Lake Historical and Art Museum. Location: the city wall, 8, telephones (817-56) 2-13-45, 2-14-26, hours daily 8.30 - 17.30. The exhibition - the wooden polychrome sculpture and gilded carvings XVIII century, the collection of pottery works of local artists XIX-XX centuries, embroidery designs, materials of archaeological finds from Beloozero and earlier stages (before the II millennium BC. Oe.).
Showroom. Address: Frunze street, 22, telephone (817-56) 2-22-10.
Cultural and Educational Center "Origins." Address: City shaft, 1, Phone (817-56) 2-14-26.
Belozersky museum of folk arts and crafts. Address: Street Sergey Orlov, 16, telephone (817-56) 2-13-45.
Museum of the poet Sergei Orlov. Address: street Dzerzhinsky, 12, telephone (817-56) 2-24-50. Opening hours: 8.30 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 17.30, closed on Saturday and Sunday. Is located in the house where he lived before the war, Sergei Orlov.
Crafts Center. Location: Soviet avenue, 72, telephone (817-56) 2-16-72.
Military history club "Sineus Warriors." Address: City shaft, 1, Phone (817-56) 02.11.80.
All posts and comments are copyright their original authors. Copyright © 2021 Magic-Ays.com All rights reserved