All-Russia Exhibition Centre is a permanent general-purpose trade show in Moscow, Russia.
The "All-Russia Exhibition Centre", also known as a communist's temples complex, also known as a communist's idols valley, also known as a Soviet Parthenon, is a state joint-stock company, officially abbreviated as GAO "VVC", which stands for "Gosudarstvennoye Aktsionernoye Obshchestvo 'Vserossiyskiy Vystavochny Centr'". VVC is a member of exhibition associations: IUEF (since 1991) and UFI (since 1997).
The exhibition was established February 17, 1935 as the All-Union Agricultural Exhibition (VSKhV). Also, known as An existing site (then known as Ostankino Park, a country territory recently incorporated into the city limits), was approved in August 1935. The master plan by Vyacheslav Oltarzhevsky was approved in April 1936, and the first show season was announced to begin in July 1937.
However, plans did not materialise, and three weeks before the deadline Joseph Stalin personally postponed the exhibition by one year (to August 1938). It seemed that this time everything would be ready on time, but again the builders failed to complete their work, and regional authorities failed to select and deliver proper exhibits. Some pavilions and the 1937 entrance gates by Oltarzhevsky were torn down to be replaced with more appropriate structures (most pavilions were criticised for having no windows). According to Oltarzhevsky's original plan, all of the pavilions were to be constructed from wood. In 1938, a government commission examined the construction and decided that it did not suit the ideological direction of the moment. The exhibition was considered too modest and too temporary. Oltarzhevsky was arrested, together with the Commissar for Agriculture and his staff, and eventually released in 1943. Later, he worked on the 1947-1953 Moscow skyscraper project.
Soviet Union was the pioneer of space exploration, having launched both the first satellite and the first manned flight, as well as building the orbital stations, pioneering "walks in space" and launching scientific probes to other planets, most notably Venus.
The achievements are showcased in the Cosmonautics museum at the entrance to the VDNKh exposition. The museum is housed at the base of the immense and poignant 100m high monument to space exploration.
As a result, in August 1938 Nikita Khrushchev, speaking at the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union assembly, declared that the site is not ready, and the opening was extended to August 1939. It opened indeed August 1, 1939, and worked in 8AM - 11PM mode until October 25 (40,000 daily attendance). 1940 and 1941 seasons followed; after the German invasion, July 1, 1941 the exhibition was closed - until the end of World War II.
In October, 1948 the State ordered to renew the Exhibition, starting with the 1950 season. Again, the opening was postponed more than once; the first post-war season opened in 1954 (still as Agricultural exhibition). In 1956 season the planners set aside an Industrial area within the main territory; more restructuring and rebuilding followed. In 1959 the park was renamed Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy or VDNKh.
The hammer and sickle have become the pan-communist symbol, appearing on the flags of most communist parties around the world. However, the flag of the Korean Workers' Party includes a hammer representing industrial workers, a hoe representing agricultural workers, and a brush (traditional writing-implement) representing the intelligentsia.
By 1989 the exhibition had 82 pavilions with the exhibition area of 700,000 square metres. Each pavilion (including the 1939 "regions") had been dedicated to a particular industry or a field: the Engineering Pavilion (1954), the Space Pavilion (1966), the Atomic Energy Pavilion (1954), the People's Education Pavilion (1954), the Radioelectronics Pavilion (1958), the Soviet Culture Pavilion (1964).
During the Soviet times, each year VDNKh hosted more than 300 national and international exhibitions and many conferences, seminars and meetings of scientists and industry professionals. These events attracted about 11 million visitors annually, including 600,000 guests from outside the Soviet Union. The "Radioelectronics" exhibition hall for some years housed the working (and unique) prototypes of the most advanced ES EVM computers to date, which were time-shared by many research organisations right on the premises.
The most memorable feature of the exhibition site was the statue Worker and Kolkhoz Woman (Rabochiy i Kolkhoznitsa), featuring the gigantic figures of a man and woman holding together the famous "hammer and sickle". The sculpture, which reaches 25 meters toward the sky, was created by Vera Mukhina and originally crowned the 35-meter-tall Soviet pavilion at the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne (1937). The statue was featured on a logo of Mosfilm, Russia's largest movie studio.
In 1992, VDNKh was renamed, receiving its current name VVC. It occupies 2,375,000 square metres of which 266,000 square metres are used for indoor exhibits. The territory of VVC is greater than that of the Principality of Monaco and has approximately 400 buildings. Inadequate maintenance of Vera Mukhina's statue caused such disrepair that the statue was disassembled (see 2006 photographs of what's left). It was slated to be refurbished and installed on the top of the new pavilion by 2008, but funding shortages lead to dragged-out restoration. It was finally reerected in December 2009, now standing atop of a large constructivist pavilion, apparently recreating the original exhibition pavilion from the 1937 World's Fair in Paris that it was designed for.
The exhibition center was rebuilt by the vision of Joseph Stalin to create a cultural center by a Soviet city figure that glorify the ideology of communism and socialism. The place that was selected was Moscow's northern suburb called "Ostankino". The main planner was the architect Vyacheslav Oltarzhevsky who was planning a central avenue with fountains with small roads and at the end of the avenue a big square facing the central pavilion. A statue of Vladimir Lenin used to stand in the front of the pavilion. In the central square there is a big fountain called "the friendship of people fountain" which was created to glorify the people of the Soviet Union pending later there is another fountain that called "stone flower fountain" facing the "Ukraine Pavilion". Later there is another little square facing the Space Pavilion which in the center of the square standing a Tupolev Tu-154 aircraft, placed there in the 1960s after the pavilion of "agricultural machinery" become the "space pavilion". A big statue of Joseph Stalin stood in the square until 1948. This had previously stood on the banks of the Moskva River in the center of the city. the square is called "the Industrial Square".
The northern area of the site is a common area between the exhibition center and the botanic garden of the Russian Academy of Sciences nearby and in it an agricultural pavilions and estate Pools vegetation with the "Michurin's Garden" and the "golden spike fountain". All the fountains in the center are covered with gold. There are also many statues scattered on site and especially statues of the leaders of the Soviet Union. In addition in the site there are also cinemas, cafe houses, theatre pavilions and also a church built after the fall of the Soviet Union.
In the southern area of the site near the central entrance there is an Amusement Park with the Moscow-850 Ferris wheel, built in 2004 as part of Moscow's 850th anniversary celebrations. also built the restord pavilion of the soviet pavilion that was on Expo 67 that was in 1967 in Montreal and become the "Moscow pavilion". All the pavilions and the fountains were planned by Soviet architects and the fountains were designed by Soviet artists. All designed in Stalinist architecture, some pavilions were built in wedding cake style like the "central pavilion" that was famous in the communist states in that time.
In 2008 the "big constructivist pavilion" was built as a replica of the original Soviet pavilion of 1937 Expo that stood opposite the Nazi pavilion. In 2009 the renovated Statue of Worker and Kolkhoz Woman was erected on top of that building.
In 1954 building the gates with the central entrance gate and the "tractor driver and sovkhoz woman" statue that was stood near the central pavilion in the 1930s. To the center exhibitions there are six gates and today can be rent a car or bicycles that can be used to travel around the site.
There are exhibition and commercial centers of Armenia; Kyrgyzstan; commercial, exhibition, informative and marketing centre of Belarusian in the All-Russian Exhibition Centre. They also negotiate about opening of Ayzerbaydzhanskaya Republic, Republic of Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Volga and Central Federal Districts of Russian Federation in All-Russian Exhibition Centre. Also on the territory of All-Russian Exhibition Centre are organized permanent exhibitions of states – participants from the Commonwealth of Independent States and subjects of Russian Federation. These exhibitions represent science and technology, economic and cultural potential of States and Russia's regions.
All-Russia Exhibition Center offers to rent 4 specially equipped conference halls for the negotiations, business meetings, press-conferences and other similar activities. The large and small conference halls are located in the administrative building of All-Russian exhibition center. The large conference hall seats 500 people. It has scene, equipped with platform for speeches, sound system and large screen for displaying video. The total area of this hall is 746,5 square meters.
Religious communism is a form of communism centered on religious principles. The term usually refers to a number of egalitarian and utopian religious societies practicing the voluntary dissolution of private property, so that society's benefits are distributed according to a person's needs, and every person performs labor according to their abilities. "Religious communism" has also been used to describe the ideas of religious individuals and groups who advocate the application of communist policies on a wider scale, often joining secular communists in their struggle to abolish capitalism.
The use of the word communism in a religious context predates the use of the term to describe more secular forms of communism, such as that advocated by Franc,ois Babeuf in the 18th century, and Karl Marx in the 19th century. Because of the anti-religious nature of Marxism, many religious people on the political right oppose the use of the term communism to refer to religious communal societies, preferring names such as communalism instead
Communist symbolism consists of a series of symbols that represent (either literally or figuratively) a variety of themes associated with communism. These themes may include (but are not limited to) revolution, the proletariat, the peasantry, agriculture, or international solidarity. Communist states, parties and movements use these symbols to advance and create solidarity within their cause.
Usually these symbols, along with a pentangle representing either the five inhabited continents (in the context of the six-continent model where Eurasia is counted as a single continent) or the five components of communist society (the peasants, the workers, the army, the intellectuals, and the youth), appear in yellow on a red background representing revolution. The flag of the Soviet Union incorporated a yellow-outlined red star and a yellow hammer and sickle on red. The flags of Vietnam, China, Angola, and Mozambique would all incorporate similar symbolism under communist rule.
In Hungary, Latvia, Moldova, Lithuania and Poland, communist symbols are banned.
Nowadays the area is used as a large recreation park with a funfair. In the the former exhibition pavillions all kinds of shops and stalls can be found.
The "All-Russia Exhibition Centre" was in the soviet union a huge exposition of the last advances of each soviet republic. Now days part of it is private and in use for small/medium bussines. Many trade fairs and exhibitions take place here and there is a permanent exhibition of different motives of the soviet era. What I liked most was the open air museum with a sky rocket used in the early days of the space conquest and some old airplanes. U can spend some hours just walking through this huge park. Many people go there to run or ride bycicle.
This vast site of the Soviet exposition is a monument to the kitsch of Stalinist architecture. Each pavilion was designed initially to demonstrate economic achievements of Soviet republics, and thereafter they were grouped by industry or branch of agriculture.
After collapse of Communism the site was left to fend for itself, and the result was shutting down its exposition and giving its space to shops. Nonetheless, it is still interesting to visit to study the architecture of the period.
All-Russia Exhibition Centre used to be an exposition site to show off the wondrous achievements of the Soviet Union. Now the imposing and grand buildings have been given over to shops. If you've come to Moscow looking for Soviet ghosts, this is a place to find them, living cheek by jowl with the ferocious new consumerism. And love of cats & butterflies, apparently.
VDNKh or the All Russia Exhibition Centre is worth a visit for it's homage to economic & scientific accomplishments of the former Soviet Union. The displays represent different fields such as space, eduction, agriculture, technology etc. with outsized monuments depicting idealized Soviet Comrades. Some of the pavilions are now closed & others have been turned into kiosks or shops, but nevertheless still interesting. The picture taken is of a main entrance is a triumphal archway surmounted by towering statues of a tractor driver and a farm girl brandishing sheaves of wheat, which sets the scale for the avenue of fountains that leads to a Lenin statue and the Central Pavilion.
The park had various Soviet rockets and airplanes and has beautiful gardens with fountains. Loads of people hang out there and it is easy to just chat to people and make friends with Russians. There are market stalls selling souvenirs too.
It is very strange and somehow typical for today's Russia. It was build by Stalin to represent all Russian republics and the most favourite sciences. It is fantastically huge and great - or better: it was. After the revolution in the 90's nobody saw any sense in it anymore and they thought about what to do with it. Well, they rented it to businesses. Now in every temple there is something on sale.
Very big, I would say enormous park with constant exhibitions there. 2 big fountains and lots of places to eat- small restaurants
All posts and comments are copyright their original authors. Copyright © 2021 Magic-Ays.com All rights reserved